If a loved one is suffering from an addiction, here are some things that you can do to assist them in achieving an effective and successful recovery:
• Remind them of the reasons for their changes
• Talk about their previous attempts to recover, including things that did and didn’t work
• Help them set specific and measurable goals, such as dates and limitations of drug use
• Assist them in avoiding all things that remind them of drugs
• Encourage your loved one to inform other important people about their way to recovery
For more information, visit the CAMH website at the link below.