“Should I really go to the dentist every 6 months?”
How often you visit the dentist depends on your oral health. While some may benefit from a dental exam every 6 months, others can scale back with approval from their dentist.
Before reducing the frequency of your dental exams, ask yourself the following questions:
• Do I floss every day?
• Do I brush my teeth at least twice a day?
• Do I eat a well-balanced diet?
• Do I limit sweets and sticky foods?
• Do I smoke?
• Do I have a history of cavities or gum disease?
• Is my overall health good?
How you answer the above questions can have a direct impact on your oral health.