Did you know that skin cancer is the most common of all cancer types?
About 1 of 3 new cases of Cancer in Canada are skin cancers, with rates continuing to rise.
Despite these statistics, most cases of skin cancer are preventable!
Here are 5 safety tips to help reduce your risk:
1. Cover your skin with clothing and a wide-brimmed hat
2. Limit your time spent in the sun, especially between 11 A.M. and 3 P.M.
3. Watch the UV index forecast by tuning into local radio and TV stations
4. Use broad-spectrum and water resistant sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30
5. Avoid using tanning equipment
Some medications can increase the severity of skin reactions with sun or UV light. Your local pharmacist is knowledgeable of the medications that may be of concern – feel free to contact the team at Palermo Pharmacy to ask if yours is one.