Ticks are small insects that can carry and transmit a number of diseases, including Lyme Disease. While ticks are often found in grass and wooded areas, it is recommended that you take certain precautions to reduce the risk of a tick bite, for you, your family members and pets.
Here are 5 things you can do to reduce your risk of tick bites:
1. Avoid tick-infested areas, including long grass and wooded areas
2. Check yourself, pets and others for ticks before going indoors
3. Use products containing Deet, Permethrin or Icaridin
4. Remove any ticks from clothes, put them in the dryer and then wash
5. Wear light coloured clothing with long sleeves or pants that are tucked.
For more information about Lyme Disease and tick prevention, contact your team at Palermo Pharmacy.