One in three Canadians is living with diabetes or prediabetes. Despite these numbers, less than 50% of Canadians can identify some of the early warning signs of diabetes.
To help raise awareness, here are some of the most common early warning signs of diabetes you should know about:
• Unusual thirst
• Frequent urination
• Weight change (gain or loss)
• Fatigue or lack of energy
• Blurred vision
• Frequent or recurring infections
• Slow-healing cuts and bruises
• Tingling or numbness in hands or feet
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, we encourage you to speak with your doctor to ensure your best health.